Thursday, September 5, 2013

Potty Seats

Dude.  I feel like a lot of my posts lately have had to do with butts, poop, or the potty.  Sorry - that's sort of just where we're at right now.  We're living this, people.

I think I've mentioned before that little A started getting interested in the potty at about 21 months or so.  I thought, "Sweet!  Let's go buy some stuff!"

We didn't know much about this whole process, so first we got two of the Baby Bjorn potty chair (LINK), they run about $24 on Amazon (depending on color):




We figured this would be easiest, we could keep one upstairs and one down, and it could move from room to room.  I didn't really take into account that pee (and worse, poop) aren't particularly mobile, however.  And I have to clean this thing out when she's done.  Luckily, she didn't really like them other than as a backup.

What she DID like to do at our provider/nanny's house was to sit on a little seat on top of the big potty.  Why did I not think of this before?  The pee and poop go straight into the big potty - genius!!

First we got two of the Nuby Toilet Trainer Seat, runs about $6 on Amazon (LINK):




This works really well.  We now have four bathrooms, so this is in two of them.  I didn't figure this out until a few weeks in (because I'm dumb), but it actually goes UNDER the toilet seat and the middle stuff pokes through.  I kept wondering why it was so slippery on top of the seat!  The bad thing about it is that it's REALLY hard plastic.  It leaves little red marks on her poor skin when she's done, because heaven knows toddlers don't go to the bathroom quickly.  Also, these don't work if you have a long toilet bowl, which two of the toilets in our new house are.

We got this one, instead, for the other two bathrooms - it's from Prince Lionheart, the weePOD basic (LINK):




I would like to have a teeny tiny butt so that I could use this thing.  It's super cushy - seems like it's foam inside, and smooth on the outside.  It sits on top of the toilet seat, so it works just fine on long bowl seats.  It's a little more expensive for $10.80, but I think it's definitely worth it.  It's much more comfortable for their extended stays.

Bonus:  We also got a travel potty seat (LINK).  The Mommy's Helper Cushie Traveler.  I love this thing:




Folds up, you throw it in the diaper bag or your purse, and you go.  It's genius.


2 comments:

  1. These are all wonderful products I'm sure, however, completely useless if you have a 3 year old who adamantly refuses to potty like a big boy. (grumble grumble grumble...)

    Sigh... some day. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, A has been in big girl panties for a few weeks, has very few accidents - but still won't tell us when she needs to go. I am not sure she gets her body's signals.

      Delete